Happiness, Innovation and National Agenda 2021
The National Agenda 2021
One of the priorities underpinning the UAE Vision 2021 National Agenda is the development of a first-rate education system. As part of this key priority, the National Agenda has set targets for students in the UAE to rank among the best in the world in reading, mathematics and science in international standardised tests. These objectives provide us the background for which we can build our contributions, particularly in relation to success in reading and achieving the aspirations of the UAE Vision 2021. As a center for literacy excellence, IDEA ELC facilitates successes in all areas of the curriculum but in particular those in relation to reading, writing and communication skills.
Happiness and Innovation
At IDEA ELC we promote a culture of happiness and wellbeing. One of Dubai’s aspirations is to be home to a happy community for all the people who live here. We encourage school leaders to nurture an environment which promotes happiness and wellbeing for students and staff. Wellbeing is a general term that refers to children that:
• work productively and creatively, and develop their potential
• see their lives as meaningful and purposeful
• connect with others and build positive relationships
• develop curiosity, reflection and awareness of the world around them
• embrace physical activity as a way of life
• have opportunities to give and contribute to others and to society
By promoting a culture of innovation, IDEA ELC is driven by by a commitment to excellence and continuous improvement and like the UAE, we aspire to be among the most innovative in our field.
Innovation can be seen in many forms, and not just the vision, promises and values.
There are many innovative ways in which we are developing:
· curriculum design and models
• teaching, learning and assessment approaches
· development of students’ innovation skills, equipping them with skills in discovery
· learning technologies
· partnerships with parents to promote innovation and engagement
· teachers’ recruitment, training, development and rewards